Re-engineering Performance Management for HR – 18th April 2023
Elearning - Live Online Course
3 Hours - Thursday, 18th April 2023
£299.00 ex VAT
If people are the greatest creators of value in organisations, then good performance management is critical if they are to understand what’s expected of them, and to achieve those goals they must be managed so that they’re motivated, have the necessary skills, resources and support, and are accountable.
This session explores critical aspects to get right in performance management a group of practices that should be approached holistically, as well as recent changes in thinking.
It will explore how business outcomes can be improved from an HR perspective now and in the future. Topical elements will be addressed: for example helping managers review, measure and improve the performance of their teams remotely, performing reviews using a virtual platform.
“Performance management isn’t dead. The old way of thinking about it is…”
Who Is the Course For?
- HR directors
- Chief human resource officers
- Head of performance management, talent management or learning and development or organisational development
- Head of reward
- HR business partner, or HR professional, wanting to contribute more broadly to organisational effectiveness
- HR process designer, HR IT leader or talent management professional, wanting to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of HR processes
- Business leader or change agent, with responsibility for the effectiveness of your own organisation.
Why Take the Performance Management for HR Course?
This course will incorporate contemporary issues associated with performance management in a workplace that is volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous.(VUCA).
What is the Format?
Remote live learning. The course takes place live at a specific time, with booked attendees participating remotely. The course is not pre-recorded and cannot be watched ‘on demand’ at a later date. Participation is essential!
Duration: 3 hours.
By the end of the Performance Management for HR Course, you will:
- Understand how performance management can enhance and drive business performance in the current VUCA world
- Consider how opportunities for improving performance can make a positive difference
- Identify potential opportunities to drive the performance of your business
- Find a best practice approach to using the capabilities that will enhance business results
- Align HR processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness for a diverse workforce though the use of design thinking
- Create an action plan for the development of performance management within your organisation
Tim is a highly experienced senior L&D and HR professional who has been designing and delivering impactful training solutions for over 25 years. He is a CIPD Chartered Fellow.
His industry experience spans the globe in L&D and HR roles across both the private and public sector including Retail Manager – Music (UK), European Training Manager – Automotive (UK), Senior Advisor L&D – Investment Banking (Abu Dhabi), Training Director and Vice President HR – Telco & Media (Netherlands).
Having taken a break from L&D to head up an HR function in Amsterdam, he soon realised just how much he had missed it and has been back on his feet (and in front of a screen) ever since! Boundless enthusiasm allied with a pragmatic approach and endless curiosity sums up his approach.
Some of Tim’s most successful L&D projects include:
- Developing and delivering a full management development programme and a customer service programme for Ford Motor company, designing and delivering new car sales training for new models which was delivered through a European train the trainer programme for Honda Motor Europe.
- Switching business sectors and countries, Tim went on to design and deliver performance management training for new managers as well as a new corporate induction programme for Liberty Global in The Netherlands.
- Moving to the Middle East, Tim designed and delivered management development programmes for high potentials at GE and Mubadala for the MENA region.
- Tim has most recently designed First Line Management training for DS Smith, which was delivered through Train the Trainer sessions across Europe and subsequently adapted and delivered virtually for over 500 US Managers.
- Tim has also worked with MIND GYM Delivering a wide range of bite-sized learning solutions on over 60 topics to clients including Dun & Bradstreet, GAP Retail, Central Government departments (Home Office, DWP, MoJ). Also certifying new in-company coaches for MG clients.
HR consultancy projects have included:
- Restructuring the senior management team of a leading theatre group as well as carrying out a review of their HR function.
- A succession planning project for a manufacturing SME.
Are there Any Pre-course Requirements?
There are no pre-course requirements for this session.
Will the Trainee Reeive any Post Course Assets?
Yes. Fact sheet will be made available with a bibliography of books, links, talk or webinars related to the topic.
Who Are LSM?
HRreview is working with our partner Learning Solutions Matter to provide this course. You may therefore notice LSM mentioned on correspondence and receipts etc.